Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Episode 1. Shelter in Place: An Audio Journal by Lee Chazen

It started off as an experiment. I was walking around a local park early one morning and started recording some notes into my phone. Sometimes I do that to remember good ideas. The further I went, the more the ideas and stories started to flow. It felt like this might just be a good routine to get into during the whole lockdown.

So, I decided to keep it going.

Then I wondered what would happen if I just didn't care if others listened in. I mean, I might stumble onto something funny... or interesting or maybe something that others were also thinking about. As Hunter S. Thompson would say, "when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." And, I started to think that maybe this thing that we're going through -- the whole "shelter in place," might just be time for creative people -- people with ideas or "edgy" thoughts or even bizarre stories to step up... maybe entertain people or inspire some kind of action. I mean, these are unusual times, so why not?

And, that's how this started.

The first two recordings were just on my phone. I did what I could to improve the sound. Then, I switched to a professional mic... so the recordings do get better over time.

The first episode includes the following. 
  1. What is HikeStorming?
  2. Dealing with isolation
  3. What you can do to make use of this solitary time.
  4. Stranded on top of Mt. Tallac, near Lake Tahoe
  5. Anxiety and getting psychosomatic while listening to the news
  6. Video chatting
  7. Retreating into tribalism
  8. Unseen opportunities
  9. A call for creativity and ideas
  10. An idea for homeschooling based on game-based learning
Website
Blog
Facebook Group

Special thanks to Dune Thomas. He is a great person to bounce ideas off of, as well as a superb comedic bantering partner. Dune helped with sound engineering and gave me special privileges in the podcast booth, a.k.a. "the bathysphere."

Royalty free music from Fesliyan Studios.
Content and Artwork by Lee Chazen and
 GliderCell

Note to audio distributors: Please DO NOT add this audio content to the Youtube Content ID System. I have used background music which is owned by FesliyanStudios.

No comments: