Monday, August 26, 2019

It's Time For a 21st Century Job Site


True story. I saw a job posting for a product manager at a major job site. The role would be challenging and the pay (something I had not seen before) indicated just how challenging it would be. So, I decided to take a crack at it. As I took a closer look at the position I decided it might just be time to offer a full redesign of what job sites do, i.e. completely disrupt the industry so that we get better matches between what people can actually do and the types of jobs they get. This slideshow is just scratching the surface, as you could easily write a 100 page report on what needs to happen. But I had been thinking about these things for a long time and it was just time to put it out there -- whether I got the position or not. This is the slideshow I submitted with my application. I think we’re in for big changes and I hope some of these things happen soon. For more information, write to theglidercell@gmail.com


Copy of An Integrated Approach to Job Sites: Seven Ways to Make Job Sites Better by Lee Chazen


No comments: