Imagine a super collision between all the forces driving innovation in the field of education. Imagine further if this were done in a way to encourage collaboration, creativity and the free exchange of new ideas. This is not a "sit in your seat and take notes" kind of conference. This is an (un) conference with both structured and non-structured segments. There will be presentations, action pitches, break-out sessions and panel discussions. In fact, by attending you'll be determining the outcome of this event. We wanted to design it in a way that matches the possibilities for the future of education - an event which is emergent, adaptive, experiential and curiosity-based.
Brought to you by: The Education Super Collider and Hacker Lab.
Sponsored in part by: The Education Now 2012 Tele Symposium
Who is invited: Innovators, entrepreneurs, service providers, technology experts, educators and business developers, i.e. people who want to share new, disruptive technologies and ideas.
- to introduce new concepts, innovations, applications to teachers at all levels
- to give teachers a chance to share ideas that are working in their classrooms
- to improve teaching / instruction and overall classroom performance
- to help facilitate the growth of businesses in the educational space
- to build collaborative networks
Format: It’s an “unconference” designed to allow a free and open exchange of ideas. Speakers can sign up before the event or upon registration and will be given anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes to make a presentation. There will be two break-out sessions or workshops during the day to allow for networking, collaboration, instruction, feedback from participants and the facilitation of ideas and plans.
Note: All major presentations (in the 8 to 15 minute range) must be pre-approved and will be considered on a first come-first served basis.
Speakers (who sign up before the event) get
- a chance to debut your disruptive idea or product
- two free tickets (one for you and a friend/ colleague)
- name / company information on all marketing material
- great networking and collaboration opportunities
- company information and links on all conference materials, including un-conference website
- 4 free tickets to the event
- an opportunity to present
- booth space
- booth space at the event
- 3 free tickets
- company information and links on all conference materials, including the un-conference website
Join us and get to your "next level" -- sign up today! Don't forget to tell a friend or colleague.